Global Warming 101 Facts for Kids Video
This video is all about the biggest environmental issue of the world that is global warming.
Global Warming Facts
Global warming can be defined as the increase of earth’s average surface temperature due to the effect of greenhouse gases like methane, nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide. These gases absorb heat and do not let it escape from the earth. Although these gases are required for existence of human life on the earth but excess of them is really very harmful. Global warming is the result of over-emittance of these gases. It is the biggest environmental issue of the last two decades.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- Global warming is causing extreme weather changes and its example is increased number of heat waves, forest fires and tropical storms throughout the world.
- The average temperature has risen by 1.4°F since 1880.
- The Montana Glacier National Park had 150 glaciers in 1910 but now it has only 25 of them. Melting of these glaciers is causing the rise of sea level.
- The Arctic is one of the worst places that are being affected by global warming because the arctic ice is melting rapidly.
- In the Last 100 years, sea level has risen approximately 7 inches. It is threatening for the lives of people living in coastal areas.
- Deforestation, burning of fossil fuels, pollution and industrialization are some factors that are most responsible for global warming.
- Eventually, the ocean’s conveyor belt will be completely altered because of global warming.
- It can lead to massive food and water shortages and has a life threatening impact on the wildlife.
- The world lost about 15% of all coral reefs in 1998. It was the second hottest year ever recorded.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Global Warming ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 29 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/global-warming-101-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Global Warming. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/global-warming-101-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :