Healthy Heart Rate Video for Kids
Healthy Human Heart
Heart is one of the important organs in our body. It works continuously till our last breath. The average size of an adult human’s heart is double the size of your fist. Our heart beats approximately 100,000 times in one day and 2.5 billion times in an average lifetime. In simple words, human heart has an important job of keeping us alive other than pumping blood. A man’s heart weighs around 10 ounces and a woman’s heart weighs around 8 ounces. Even symptoms of heart attack differ in men and women. When man have a heart attack, they will experience a chest pain but women mostly experience nausea, indigestion and shoulder ache.
Quick Facts: –
- The human heart is located in the center of the chest not on the left side.
- The heart starts beating after only 4 weeks of inception.
- Our heart is basically made of four chambers: – left atrium, right atrium, left ventricle and right ventricle.
- A good belly laugh works as a good heart medicine.
- Morning is the prime time for heart attacks.
- Heart cancer is one of the rarest diseases as heart cells stops dividing at an early age.
- Heart will continue to beat when separated from the body if it gets an adequate oxygen supply as it has its own electrical supply.
- There are three layers that make up human heart: – Pericardium, Myocardium and Endocardium.
- As we grow our heart rate also gets slower. Average heart rate of newborns is 70-160 bpm and in non athlete adults it reduces up to 60 to 100 bpm.
- Our heart rate drops during our sleep.
- The study of human heart and related diseases is known as cardiology and the person is known as cardiologist.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Healthy Human Heart for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 09 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/healthy-heart-rate-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Healthy Human Heart for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/healthy-heart-rate-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :