Helium Element Video for Kids
Helium Element Facts
Helium is the second lightest and the second most abundant element. It has been named after the Greek sun god ‘Helios’. It belongs to the Noble gas family. Atomic number of Helium is 2 and symbol is ‘He’. It is the first element not to be discovered on earth. Helium makes up about 23% of the total elemental mass of our universe. It is a colourless, odourless, non-toxic, tasteless and inert gas. It is the second least reactive noble gas after neon. It has the lowest boiling point and melting point of all the elements in the universe. When ionized, it gives a glow of orange-reddish hew.
Quick Facts: –
- Extreme low temperature and extreme high pressure is required to convert Helium gas into liquid or solid state.
- This element became available on the open market for the first time.
- It is the least dense element.
- 45% mass of the Sun is composed of Helium.
- There are total 9 isotopes of Helium and only two of them are stable.
- This gas is too light and can easily escape from the atmosphere of the earth.
- Atomic weight of Helium is 4.002602.
- It is constantly being produced in the internal cores of stars.
- This element has ever been observed to bond with any other element to form a compound.
- It was first identifies by Pierre Janssen in 1868 and first isolated by Sir William Ramsay in 1895.
- Most of the helium gas is extracted from natural gas reservoirs.
- It is used as a cooling medium for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
- Extracting helium from the air is uneconomical as the process is too expensive.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Helium Element ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 01 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/helium-element-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Helium Element. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/helium-element-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :