Measurement Activities Facts for Kids Video
Measurement can be reduced to just two components which are number and unit. The unit depends on what is being measured mass, length or some other property. The process of measuring something involves giving a number to some property of the object. In other words, it can be defined as the comparison of an unknown quantity with known fixed quantity.
In ancient times, the length of a foot, the width of a finger, and the distance of a step were all accepted measurements. The smallest unit of measuring time is second. Sixty seconds are equal to one minute and sixty minutes are equal to one hour.
Quick Facts: –
- A unit used to measure money is called a unit of account. It is the currency issued by every country.
- Height can be defined as the distance between the lowest and highest points of a person or an object.
- The unit of current is Ampere. It is the constant current in a conductor when one coulomb charges flowing in one second.
- The ancient Roman soldiers marched in paces, which were the length about 5 feet. Today one pace is the length of 2.5 to 3 feet.
- Candela is the International unit of measuring light intensity. It can be defined as 1/60 of the light radiated from the square centimetre of a black body.
- Based on the metric system, SI is the system of measurement units in use by scientists all over the world.
- Calibration can be defined as the process of checking and correcting the way how a measuring instrument works.
- The means of measuring time on the earth are not metric as our planet revolves around the Sun in 365.25 days and we cannot turn this into a multiple of 10.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Measurement ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 22 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/measurement-activities-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Fun Facts for Kids about Measurement. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/measurement-activities-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Microbiology Worksheet
- All About Microbiology
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
Sponsored Links :