You all know J.K. Rowling as a British novelist who is the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series. She was born on July 31, 1965 in Yate, United Kingdom. Her real name is Joanne Rowling. She was declared by Forbes magazine as the first person to become a US dollar billionaire primarily through book writing.
She adopted the middle initial ‘K’ as a tribute to her grandmother Kathleen as the publisher suggested to her not to use her real name. Her first book was ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’.
Quick Facts: –
- First Harry Potter manuscript was rejected by 12 publishers before Bloomsbury picked it up.
- Rowling was a voracious reader from an early age and wrote her first book ‘Rabbit’ when she was 6 years old.
- She is a graduate of Exeter University and moved to Portugal in 1990 to teach English.
- In 1992, she married a Portuguese journalist Jorge Arantes and had a daughter named Jessica.
- After getting divorce in 1995 she moved to Edinburgh with her daughter.
- A film version of the first book, directed by Chris Columbus released on the 16th of November 2001 “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”.
- Her first book for adults ‘The Casual Vacancy’ was published in September 2012. It is a dark comedy.
- In 2001, J.K. Rowling married Neil Murray with whom she has two children, David and Mackenzie.
- Rowling released a crime novel under the pen name ‘Robert Galbraith’.
- She was animated into the comedy series ‘The Simpsons’ in 2003.
- She wrote her initial ideas Harry potter on a napkin in 1990, on a train from Manchester to London.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts for Kids about J.K. Rowling ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2019. Web. 19 Jan 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/j-k-rowling/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun facts for Kids about J.K. Rowling. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/j-k-rowling/
Sponsored Links :