Johannes Kepler Biography Facts for Kids Video
Johannes Kepler was a German astronomer and mathematician. He is best known for his laws of planetary motion. His major works include Astronomia Nova, Harmonices Mundi, and Epitome of Copernican Astronomy. Later, many scientists including Sir Isaac Newton used Kepler’s work as a base for their researches. Kepler was born on December 27, 1571. He was quite religious and strongly believed that science and religions go hand in hand. He also said that god created everything according to an understandable scientific plan.
Quick Facts: –
- He was very weak at the time of birth and had a weak vision.
- He contracted smallpox in his youth that left him with crippled hands and weak vision.
- Johannes Kepler and Galileo Galilei were contemporaries and they often put forth contradictory theories.
- Kepler is also known as the father of modern optics.
- NASA honoured Kepler by naming a space mission after him. They launched a planet locating space observatory, the Kepler Mission.
- Johannes Kepler also discovered the eyeglass for near-sightedness as well as far-sightedness.
- He discovered a formula to compare the size of each planet’s sphere to the size of its orbital period.
- He is also credited with the discovery of the routine conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter in the zodiac.
- Kepler died on November 15, 1630, at the age of 58 years.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts about Johannes Kepler for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2019. Web. 19 Sep 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/johannes-kepler-biography-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts about Johannes Kepler for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/johannes-kepler-biography-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :