Learning Simple Classifications of Animals Facts for Kids Video
Classifications of Animals
This video is all about classifications of animals. There are so many different types of animals found in different parts of the world.
- Terrestrial Animals: – These are the animals that live on the ground like zebra, elephant, cow, dog etc. Most of the animals that live on the ground have four legs because they need to run to catch their food or to run away from the enemies. Animals living in cold weather have long hairs that save them from winters. Most of the animals on ground have strong senses so that they can find food. All terrestrial animals breathe like humans. They have lungs like us to breathe. Few animals cannot bear cold weather so they eat a lot of food and go underground for months. They come out when the temperature is right for them. Animals hiding to save themselves from winter go in a state called hibernation.
- Aquatic Animals: – Aquatic animals live in water. These animals do not have lungs. They breathe from gills. Examples are fish, turtle etc.
- Amphibians: – These creatures can live both on land and water. Examples are crocodile, frog etc.
- Arboreal: – Arboreal animals live on land but spend more time on trees. Examples are monkey, koala etc.
- Aerial Animals: – These animals remain in air like birds.
- Carnivores: – These animals eat meat.
- Herbivores: – These animals eat only plants.
- Omnivores: – These animals eat both plants and animals.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Classifications of Animals for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 29 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/learning-simple-classifications-of-animals-facts-for-kids-video-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Classifications of Animals for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/learning-simple-classifications-of-animals-facts-for-kids-video-2/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :