Mechanical Engineering Information for Kids Video
Mechanical Engineering Fun Facts
There are many different types of engineering and Mechanical engineering is one of the most fascinating fields. Mechanical engineering is further divided in various sub fields like: – Combustion, Acoustics, Robotics, Automatic Control, Manufacturing and Maintenance, System and Control etc. The basic task of mechanical engineers is to design and develop new systems and technologies that can be used to extend our physical abilities and simplify our lives.
A Mechanical engineer is responsible for a lot of things in our daily life like: –
- Designing a safety harness for rides in amusement parks
- Functionality of solar panels on a space telescope
- Designing and development of surgical robots to improve the process
- Development of carbon fiber prosthetic blades for high speed running
Major achievements in the field of mechanical engineering: –
- Wind and Water Turbines
- Steam Engines
- Internal Combustion Engines
Fun Facts: –
- The Traub is the rarest motorcycle in the entire world. It can be dated back to 1916 and still runs to this day.
- Most of the cars fake engine noise through speakers. These modern engines are quite silent and do not make any noise.
- There was an engineer behind the invention of snowboard.
- The cruise control was invented by a blind mechanical engineer, Ralph Teetor.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Mechanical Engineering ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 22 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/mechanical-engineering-information-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Mechanical Engineering. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/mechanical-engineering-information-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :