There are a lot of things that come to our mind when we think about monkeys.
Facts about monkeys
This video explains a lot of interesting facts about the most curious and intelligent animal, Monkey.
They are often seen being cute and highly intelligent animals. They are very vocal animals and that is their name way of communicating with each other. They give of different pitches to inform about any danger, to call an individual and to communicate with their children.
There are 264 species of monkeys in the world. Most of the people include them with apes but both are different. The main difference is that the apes do not have a tail.
Majorly there are two categories of monkeys: – the new world monkeys and the old world monkeys. They were categorized through evolution approximately 40 million years ago. Their size depends on their species. The smallest monkeys are about 6 inches long and their entire body weighs around 4 ounces. The largest one can be up to 3 feet long and their weight can be up to 77 pounds.
Facts you didn’t know:-
- Monkeys also have unique fingerprints just like humans do.
- They have flat noses and eyes that face forward.
- Monkeys have a brain that is too large for their size and it is the reason why they are so intelligent.
- They are smarter than other primates including apes.
- The old world monkeys live in Africa and Asia and the new world monkeys live in South America.
- Some monkeys live on the ground, while others live in trees.
- Monkeys eat a variety of food, such as fruit, insects, leaves, reptiles etc.
- They are certainly curious animals but they are wild and unpredictable.
- They are considered to be one of the most popular forms of exotic pets.
- They spend long periods of time removing items from the fur of each other. It helps them to stay clean and moreover, it is form of bonding.
- Some species of monkeys can see on colour while others can only differentiate between black and white.
- Monkeys can yawn like humans and it could mean that they are tired.