The famous astronomer Galileo Galilei was the first astronomer to look into the outer space. He used his telescope for this around 400 years ago. Space is vast and beautiful and has a lot to wonder about with new discoveries all the time.
It is pretty much flexible and has been expanding at a measurable rate since the beginning of time. In 1895 a Russian scientist Konstantin Tsiolkovsky proposed the concept of a space elevator as a type of space transportation system.
A flower will smell differently in space than it does here on earth. This happens because the fragrance depends on various environmental factors such as temperature, humidity etc.
Quick Facts: –
- The planet Mars has both the longest valley and the biggest volcano in the entire solar system.
- We have sent spacecraft to all of the planets in our solar system which are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune as well as two dwarf planets, Pluto and Ceres.
- There is no sound in space because sounds need a medium to travel.
- When water boils in space due to a lack of convection and buoyancy, it produces one giant bubble.
- A black hole is created when a large star explodes. The first ever black hole to be discovered was Cygnus X-1.
- There are around 140 billion different galaxies and our galaxy, the Milky Way is one of them.
- The nearest star to our planet is Proxima Centauri. It is approximately 10,000 miles away.
- The estimated number of stars in our galaxy, the Milky Way is somewhere between 100 billion to 400 billion.
- The red giant HE1523-0901 is the oldest known star. It is almost as old as the universe itself.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Outer Space ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2019. Web. 26 Mar 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/outer-space/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts for Kids about Outer Space. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/outer-space/
Sponsored Links :