Cats are mysterious but beautiful creatures. Persian Cat is one of many breeds of cats. It is an old and elegant breed. The breed originated in Mesopotamia which was later known as Persia and is now modern-day Iran.
This breed has a natural mutation which is the reason for its long hairs. The 17th-century Italian nobleman and world traveler Pietro Della Valle is credited with bringing the first long haired cats to Europe in 1626.
Quick Facts: –
- Persian cats are also highly intelligent, charismatic, and engaging with their owners.
- According to the Cat Fanciers Association it is the second most popular breed of cat in the US.
- These cats require an indoor and protected environment that is preferably calm and quiet.
- They have telling features like a flat nose, small ears and big copper eyes.
- There are two types of Persian cats – Show Persians and Traditional Persians.
- They are the most popular pedigreed cat in the world.
- The breed was showcased in the world’s first organized cat show in 1871. The show was staged in Britain.
- They are considered to be one of the most low-maintenance and friendliest cat breeds.
- They look a lot like Turkish Angoras which are another breed of fluffy feline.
- These cats usually have a weight range of 7 to 12 pounds.
- The long, flowing coat of these cats must be groomed daily.
- The popularity of the Persian was enhanced when Queen Victoria and other royals fell in love with this breed.
- A Persian cat can live up to 17 years.
- Compared to other cat breeds they are very lazy. They do enjoy some playtime but they love just lying around doing nothing. They also like lots of attention and love snuggling up to their owners.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Persian Cat Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 20 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/persian-cat/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Persian Cat Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/persian-cat/
Sponsored Links :