Plant Parts Facts for Kids Video
This video explains different parts of a plant:
The scientific name of plants is ‘Plantae’. Plants are multi cellular eukaryotes of the kingdom Plantae. Green plants have walls in their cells, which are made of cellulose. They obtain most of their energy from sunlight via photosynthesis.
Parts of a plant: –
A plant is made up of many different parts. Every part plays a different role for the plant.
- Root: – Roots act like straws absorbing water and minerals from the soil. Tiny roots hairs stick out of the root. They help in the absorption process. Root provides foundation to the plant in the soil so it does not collapse. Roots is also used to store extra food for future use.
- Stems: – Stems do many things. They support the plant. They act like a system that supplies water for different actions. It carries out water and nutrients from the roots and food, which is in the form of glucose from the leaves to other plant parts. There are two types of stems, the bendable stem woody.
- Leaves: – Most plants’ food is made in their leaves. Leaves are designed to capture sunlight. It is used by the plant to make food through a process called photosynthesis.
- Flowers: – A flower is the part in a plant which is used for reproduction. Flowers contain dust particles which are used as a fertilizing element and tiny eggs. These tiny eggs are called ovules. After completion of the process of transferring pollen grains of the flower and fertilization process, the ovule becomes a fruit.
- Fruit: – Fruit covers the seed. Fruit can be fleshy like an apple or hard like a nut.
- Seeds: – Seeds contain new plants. They are formed in fruits.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts about plant parts ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 09 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/plant-parts-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun facts about plant parts. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/plant-parts-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :