Plants for Kids Video
A large portion of our planet is covered with plants. There are more than 300,000 species all over the world. You will find many plants with beautiful flowers producing pleasant fragrances like rose, orchids, tulip etc. But many plants that are ugly, weird looking and unusual also exist. Some of them are listed below: –
- Skunk Cabbage: – It is a huge, foul smelling plant belonging to the Aurum family. This plant is generally found in swamps. Parts of it are too much toxic for human consumption. Eating a wrong part can cause extreme burning of the mouth and throat.
- Buttercup: – This plant cannot be categorized as ugly looking but it is one of the most deadly garden plants. It generally grows in grassy patches with poor drainage. Flowers of this plant release a toxin that can cause temporary rashes on the skin.
- Gympie-Gympie: – This plant is also known as suicide plant because the excruciating pain caused by this. The pain has been described as being sprayed with hot acid.
- Spurge Laurel: – This woody mini shrub is closely related to the Bay Leaf. If a couple of berries are consumed, it may result in major internal bleeding and organ failure.
- Baseball Plant: – This plant is generally known as euphorbia obese. It is called Baseball Plant because it has the same shape as a baseball. This toxic plant can cause severe skin problems.
- Lithop: – This plant exactly looks like stones or pebbles. These pebbles like structures are leaves of the plant in actual. This plant can be found in many different colours like: – pink, purple, green, white etc.
- Corpse Flower: – It is also known as ‘titan arum’. This plant is native to Sumatra. It has got the name ‘Corpse flower’ because it produces the smell of decomposing animal.
- Venus Flytrap: – This carnivorous plant is also known as dionaea muscipula. It consumes small animals and insects as its food. There are lobes in leaves of this plant to catch the prey.
- Pitcher Plant: – It is also a carnivorous plant. It has an attractive smell and deep red colour. This plant is native to South East Asia. It’s got this name ‘Pitcher Plant’ because of its mysterious leaf structure.
- Angel Trumpet: – This plant is native to the forests of South America. It leaves its victims unaware of the nature of their actions, if consumed. It is also known as ‘hypnotizing herb’.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Weird Plants Fun Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 22 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/plants-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Weird Plants Fun Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/plants-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :