Proving CO2 is Heavier than Air Video for Kids
Proving CO2 is Heavier than Air
It is a basic science experiment for kids to show that CO2 gas is heavier than air. It needs a couple of basic ingredients.
- Baking Soda
- Two glasses
- Measuring Spoons
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda. Drop it in the glass.
- Take a tablespoon of vinegar and pour it into the glass with baking soda.
- Now give it a minute to generate CO2
- Take this glass and pour the CO2 gas only in another glass without pouring any liquid in it.
- Now light the candle with the match.
- Take the second glass that has CO2 in it and pour the gas on the flame.
- You will notice that the flame will go out.
This experiment demonstrates that the CO2 gas is heavier than air when it drifted apart and extinguished the burning flame. The theory was proven when the flame went out.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Science Experiment for Proving CO2 is Hevier than Air ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 27 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/proving-co2-is-heavier-than-air-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Science Experiment for Proving CO2 is Hevier than Air. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/proving-co2-is-heavier-than-air-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :