Robot Fish Facts for Kids Video
Robot Fish Facts
Andrew Marchese was the first person to make a robotic fish. It looks, feels and swims like a real fish. It can make a complete C-turn like a fish does in escape mode. It can execute the escape maneuver very fast. This fish has a soft exterior that makes it inherently safe. It is made with a specific purpose so that it can interact with living things without harming them, changing its shape and sizes to fit in.
Quick Facts: –
- This fish is equipped with tiny chemical sensors and will collect data on pollution.
- These sensors are capable of detecting hazards such as chemical spills and fertilizer runoff.
- This robotic fish is powered by fluid flowing through flexible channels.
- It was designed in such a way that it has an infinite range of configurations.
- This robot fish cannot be mistaken for prey as predators find the electromagnetic fields of robots unpleasant.
- This fish can wiggle through the water by using their fish like tails and fins. These fins produce less drags and noise and help them to make tight turns.
- The body of the fish is largely silicone rubber and fluid filled channels are embedded inside this.
- It is the first self-contained autonomous soft robot that is capable of a rapid body motion.
- Its mouth is equipped with small sensors that are used to control the oxygen concentration in water.
- This technology is very much useful for different purposes like: – deep sea exploration, offshore industry, marine security and environmental monitoring etc.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Robot Fish ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 22 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/robot-fish-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Robot Fish. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/robot-fish-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :