Secret Listening Device Facts for Kids Video
Secret Listening Device
A stethoscope is often considered as a symbol of a doctor’s profession but also used by safe crackers and auto mechanics. They use it to hear sounds that cannot be heard otherwise. In this science experiment, you can make a secret listening device at home with the help of a stethoscope and some other stuff that can be easily found in the local market.
Materials Required: –
- A stethoscope
- Multimedia microphones
- Hot glue
- Mini-stereo Y-adapter
- A digital recorder
- Carefully disassemble the microphones to get two mini condenser mics.
- Remove the earplugs from the stethoscope and drill them so that the microphones can fit into them.
- Now reassemble the earpieces with a stethoscope with hot glue.
- Plug them into a mini-stereo Y- adapter.
- Connect the mini-stereo Y- adapter to the digital recorder or an MP3 player.
- Now you can put the stethoscope’s diaphragm anywhere and record the sound.
- You can also press it against a wall and there are chances you would be able to hear the sound.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Experiment for Kids to Make a Secret Listening Device ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 15 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/secret-listening-device-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Experiment for Kids to Make a Secret Listening Device. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/secret-listening-device-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :