Snowdonia National Park
Snowdonia National Park is the third largest national park in Britain. It covers an area of about 823 square miles. It is also home to Mount Snowdown which is the highest mountain in England and Wales. There are 89 other mountains that also measure more than 2,000 meters.
Unlike other national parks, it is a working and living area which has more than 26,000 permanent residents. On average, only 12 people live in every square kilometer of the park which makes it a less densely populated region.
Quick Facts: –
- The first person to reach the summit of Mount Snowdown was the scientist Ben Johnson in 1639.
- This mountain measures 1,085 meters above sea level and it is also the highest point in the British Isles outside of the Scottish Highlands.
- Snowdonia National Park has a total of nine mountain ranges that include 90 peaks and 100 lakes.
- These mountain ranges cover approximately 52% of the entire area of the national park.
- It is the first ever national park and also the largest national park established in Wales. It features Wales’ largest lake, Bala Lake.
- It is the wettest region in Wales. On an average, it gets about 4,342 mm of rain every year.
- It features a varied network of public footpaths that stretches for approximately 1497 miles.
- The northern part of Snowdonia is the only place in Britain where you can find Gagea Serontina, an Arctic-alpine plant.
- Snowdonia also includes three estuaries which are Dyfi, Mawddach, and Dwyryd. They offer 23 miles of coastline to explore.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Amazing Facts about Snowdonia National Park ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2018. Web. 11 Dec 2018. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/snowdonia-national-park/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Amazing Facts about Snowdonia National Park. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/snowdonia-national-park/
We've recently added
- Syria Worksheet and Quiz
- Samoa Worksheet and Quiz
- Neil Armstrong Worksheet and Quiz
- Mount Everest Worksheet and Quiz
- Henry Hudson Worksheet and Quiz
- Guatemala Worksheet and Quiz
- Cleopatra Worksheet and Quiz
- Carl Linnaeus Worksheet and Quiz
- Canada Worksheet and Quiz
- Turtle Worksheet and Quiz
Sponsored Links :