Solar System Projects for Kids Video
Enjoy watching the very best chosen and really easy to understand Solar System Projects for Kids science facts for kids video:
Our Solar System was formed about 4.6 billion years ago. It consists of many astronomical objects like sun, planets, dwarf planets etc. These objects interact with each other and every object has a fundamental interaction with the Sun as they are bound in its orbit. They move around the Sun in an elliptical path. There are total 8 planets, 5 dwarf planets, 181 moons, 566,000 asteroids and 3,100 comets in the solar system. It takes approximately 240 million years to complete one orbit of the galaxy. The Sun contains 99.86% mass of the entire system.
Quick Facts: –
- All eight planets in the Solar System are made of rather rock and metal or gas.
- The four inner planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars while the four outer planets are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
- Asteroids can be defined as astronomical objects that are minor planets. They are found in an area called asteroid belt.
- Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun but it is not the hottest as it has no atmosphere that can trap the heat from the Sun.
- Jupiter is the biggest planet of all eight planets. It also has the biggest ocean of any planet.
- It was once thought that only object as large as planets can have moon. Contrary to this popular belief, even small bodies can also have moon.
- Planet Mars has the biggest known volcano and also the longest valley of any planet in the solar system.
- Humans have been exploring space for more than 60 years. Our spacecrafts have visited all the eight planets.
- It is believed that the Earth is the only tectonically active planet in all of them.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Fun Facts for Kids about Solar System ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 16 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/solar-system-projects-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). All Fun Facts for Kids about Solar System. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/solar-system-projects-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :