Sustainable Forestry Facts for Kids Video
Forestry can be defined as the scientific management of forests for the production of possible resources. Forests cover almost 1/3 part of our planet’s land area. They are vital ecosystems that provide so many benefits to keep our planet healthy and habitable for different life forms. These forests fulfill many roles such as various raw materials, energy, water resources etc. Trees are incredible and can live for thousands of year and grow several hundred meters tall. The largest land habitat on the earth is the Boreal Forest.
Quick Facts: –
- Forests influence climate change mainly by affecting the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- More than 50% of the drinking water of the US originates in the forests.
- An average mature tree can absorb almost 36% of rainfall it comes in contact with.
- Forests are helpful in improving water quality by extracting pollutants through tree roots.
- More than ¼ parts of all medicines we use originate in rainforests. Yet only about 1% of those plants have been studied for medicinal purposes.
- The largest tree-dwelling mammal is the orang-utan.
- The peak summer temperatures can be reduced by 2° to 9° Fahrenheit by a single mature tree.
- If properly places around the buildings then trees can reduce the need of air-conditioning by 30% and the need for heating in winters by 20-50%.
- A coast redwood from California is the tallest tree in the world with an incredible height of 115.61 meters. It is called Hyperion.
- The net cooling effect of an average healthy and young tree is equivalent to 10 average sized air conditioners.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Amazing Facts for Kids about Forestry ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 14 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/sustainable-forestry-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Amazing Facts for Kids about Forestry. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/sustainable-forestry-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :