The Diary of a Young Girl Summary
The Diary of a Young Girl is a book which got published in 1947. This book was originally created by the writings from a diary kept by Anne Frank. The book starts with her thirteenth birthday on June 12, 1942.
A diary is gifted to her by her parents and she decides to write letters to a fabricated friend Kitty as her diary entries. Kitty is someone in whom Anne can confide all of her secret thoughts as she feels misunderstood by everyone she knows.
- The Frank family has migrated to Holland from Germany to move away from the Na-zi Party and Mr. Frank has taken a job there.
- They left Germany because the lives of Jewish people became very much restricted there but restrictions where also in place in Holland.
- In July 1942, the family moved into the building that housed Mr. Frank’s office. Anne referred the rooms of the building as ‘Secret Annex’.
- The Frank family was joined by the Van Daan family and after that a dentist, Mr. Dussel also joined them. They lived in the Secret annex for two long years.
- They have tonnes of reading material and a radio. During this time, Anne grows in her knowledge of politics and literature.
- The people who were helping these secret annex members were becoming ill. They were not able to receive food and all other essential supplies if their helpers were not well.
- Anne did not get along with her mother but she shared an extremely strong bond with her father.
- The secret annex was raided two days after her last diary entry and all the members were sent to various concentration camps. Anne’s father, Otto Frank was the only survivor.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " The Diary of a Young Girl Summary - Anne Frank ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 08 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-diary-of-a-young-girl-summary/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). The Diary of a Young Girl Summary - Anne Frank. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-diary-of-a-young-girl-summary/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :