The Different Kinds of Wild Animals Video for Kids
Forests and national parks are home to many different species of wild animals. There are a lot of cool and strange facts about these animals. Some of them are listed below: –
- Tigers are the largest of the big cat family.
- These carnivorous animals mainly feed on large mammals like deer, antelope etc.
- These solitary hunters generally hunt alone during the night time.
- They are good swimmers and like to cool themselves off in pools and streams.
- There are approximately 372 different species of parrots. Some of these species can imitate the human voice.
- The budgerigar and co-ck atiel are the most common as pets.
- Parrots are the only bird that picks food with their feet and then bring it to their mouth.
- Hippopotamuses are considered the third largest land mammal.
- Hippos love water and it is the reason why they spend 16 hours a day submerged in water.
- They can hold their breath underwater for up to five minutes.
- They can be very much aggressive if they feel threatened.
- Zebras are very fast moving animals and can reach speeds of up to 65kph.
- There are three main species which are Grevy’s, Mountain, and Plains.
- Each zebra has a unique pattern of stripes that acts like an equine fingerprint.
- Elephant is the largest land animal in the world.
- They are the only mammals that cannot jump.
- They have the longest gestation period of all the animals which is 22 months.
- Lions are the only big cats that live in groups called pride.
- The females of the pride do most of the hunting.
- A lion may spend 20 hours a day sleeping.
- Antelopes can be found in grasslands, mountains, wetlands, and deserts.
- There are total 90 different species of them.
- In some species, the horns may grow up to 5 feet in length.
- Cheetah is the world’s fastest land animal. It can run at a speed of 70 miles per hour.
- They prefer to hunt during the day to avoid competition from other powerful predators.
- Hyenas mainly live in savannas, grasslands, sub deserts and forests of Africa and Asia.
- Females are larger and more dominant than males.
- Camels mainly live in desert areas of Africa and Asia. They can be easily recognized because of their humps.
- They can survive without water and food for long periods of time as they store fat in their humps.
- Foxes live on every continent except for Antarctica.
- They are part of the Canidae family and distant relatives of wolves.
- Giraffe is the tallest mammal in the world.
- Baby giraffes can stand up and run within an hour of their birth.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Wild Animals ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 02 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-different-kinds-of-wild-animals-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Wild Animals. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-different-kinds-of-wild-animals-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :