Parrots – Over 350 Types
You probably recognize large talking parrots found in some pet stores as parrots, but did you know parakeets, co-ck atiels and co-ck atoos are also types of parrots? There are over 350 kinds of parrots and they all live in warm places.
Parrots have a special talent –they can imitate human speech. They’re not talking to communicate, but they can say words and even sing.
Fun Facts about Parrots for Kids
- Parrots eat fruit, nuts, seeds, buds, flowers and even insects.
- Parrots can live up to 80 years old.
- It is illegal to keep a wild parrot as a pet.
- Some parrots are brightly colored. Others are mostly white or gray.
- Parrots have curved beaks.
- Winston Churchill and King Henry VIII kept parrots as pets.
- Imitate: copy
- Speech: talking
- Communicate: sharing thoughts, needs and feelings
- Illegal: against the law
- Curved: rounded
Learn More All About Parrots
Watch this really amazing video of a parrot:
A video of Einstein the talking parrot.
Question: Do all parrots live in tropical areas?
Question: Do parrots fly?
Answer: Most parrots do fly, but they also spend a lot of time climbing trees and branches.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Kids Parrot Facts ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 03 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-parrots/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Kids Parrot Facts. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-parrots/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :