Cockatoos – The Noisy and Loudest Parrots
Talk about a noisy bird. Cockatoos are the loudest of all parrots. They screech and even scream to communicate with each other. In the wild, co-ck atoos live in the rainforests of Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea and other nearby islands.
Cockatoos are popular pets. They are smart, curious and funny. But before you get a co-ck atoo for a pet, you need to know a few things. First, they live a long time – from 50 to 80 years. Can you take care of a pet for that long? Cockatoos need a lot of attention or they become unhappy. Plan to play with your co-ck atoo every day. Finally, co-ck atoos need a large cage and plenty of toys.
Fun Facts about Cockatoos for Kids
- A co-ck atoo named Lailah had a role on a television show a few years ago.
- Some people in Australia believe the red-tailed black co-ck atoo brings rain. They’re happy when they see this co-ck atoo.
- Cockatoos eat fruit, nuts, seeds and insects. Cockatoos can break hard nuts open with their beaks.
- Cockatoos are very smart, but if they get bored, they sometimes destroy things.
- Most co-ck atoos weigh less than 1 pound.
- Screech: loud, harsh noises
- Rainforest: dense, moist forest
- Curious: nosy, wants to learn
- Destroy: ruin, break
Learn More All About Cockatoos
Watch this video to learn how to take care of a co-ck atoo:
A video advice of how to care for pet co-ck atoos.
Question: Can co-ck atoos speak?
Answer: Some co-ck atoos can mimic human speech.
Question: Can co-ck atoos be trained?
Answer: Cockatoos can learn to do tricks. Training can also make them better behaved.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Cockatoo Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 20 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-co-ck atoos/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Cockatoo Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-co-ck atoos/
Sponsored Links :