The Island of Madagascar Video for Kids
The Island of Madagascar
The official name of Madagascar is the Republic of Madagascar. It is the fourth largest island in the world. Most of the plant and animal species found on the Madagascar are unique to this island. It is one of the poorest countries of Africa. Antananarivo is the capital of this island which is the most populated city of Madagascar as well.
Quick facts: –
- This island country is in Indian Ocean.
- It has an area of about 587, 041 square kilometres.
- Malagasy and French are the official languages of Madagascar.
- This island has two seasons, a dry cooler season which starts in May and last until October and the other one is a hot rainy season which starts in November and last until April.
- Madagascar’s population is 21,290,000.
- Madagascar has been referred as the ‘eighth continent’ by some ecologists because of its ecology diversity.
- More than 13,900 plant species are found nowhere else except Madagascar.
- Most of the plants found on the island can be used as herbal remedies.
- Lemurs are sacred in this island. They are only found in the wild in Madagascar.
- The highest mountain in Madagascar is Maromokotro with a height of 9436 feet.
- This island has the third largest coral reef system in the world.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts for kids about the Island of Madagascar ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 08 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-island-of-madagascar-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun facts for kids about the Island of Madagascar. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-island-of-madagascar-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :