Tiger Facts Video for Kids
Tiger Fun Facts
The tiger is the biggest species of the cat family. They are crepuscular as they do most of their hunting in the morning and evening. They are considered to be one of the most fascinating creatures out there in the world. There are total six subspecies of tigers left in the world: – the Sumatran tiger, the Siberian tiger, Bengal tiger, Malayan tiger, South China tiger and Indochinese tiger. All of them are extremely territorial. The Siberian tiger is the largest of all the tiger subspecies and the Sumatran tiger is the smallest.
Quick Facts: –
- The word tiger has been derived from Greek word ‘tigris’ that means arrow.
- Unlike other members of the big cat family, tigers are good swimmers and can swim up to 6 kilometres.
- A group of tigers is known as ‘streak’ or ‘ambush’.
- They are loners and generally hunt alone.
- If a tiger breeds with a lion then they give birth to hybrids that are called ‘tigons’ or ‘ligers’.
- They can run extremely fast and reach up to a speed of 65 km/hour.
- An adult tiger can reach a length of up to 11 feet and weigh up to 300 kg.
- They can easily jump over 5 metres in length.
- Tigers are carnivores and feed on large mammals such as deer, antelopes, wild pigs and buffalos etc.
- They mark their territories by scratching trees and urinating on them.
- The pattern of the stripes is unique to each individual and they can be easily distinguished from one another.
- They have a gestation period of approximately 3 months.
- The oldest tiger fossils were found in parts of China and are believed to be about 2 million years old.
- White tigers are extremely rare in the wild.
- Tigers have brown eyes with round pupils.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Tiger ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 31 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/tiger-facts-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Tiger. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/tiger-facts-video-for-kids-2/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :