Turkmenistan is a desert country situated in Central Asia. Bordered by the Caspian Sea, Iran, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Kazakhstan, this country was once part of the Soviet Republic. Since its independence in 1991, the country has remained isolated and impoverished.
Turkmenistan has rich natural gas reserves, but corrupt government leaders have kept most of the wealth for themselves. People here lack basic resources, such as health care and education.
- 5.1 million people live in Turkmenistan.
- Turkmenistan has 188,456 square miles of land.
- Arabic and Kurdish are the official languages.
- The life expectancy in Turkmenistan is 59 years.
- Isolated: separate, apart
- Impoverished: poor; without resources
- Corrupt: greedy, dishonest
Question: Does Turkmenistan have ethnic conflicts like many other countries in the region?
Answer: Turkmenistan still has a nomadic tribal culture, but the people are peaceful for the most part.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Turkmenistan facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 25 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/turkmenistan/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Turkmenistan facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/turkmenistan/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :