Volcano Facts for Kids Video
Volcano, a mountain which has a vent through which lava erupts.
A volcano is a natural feature of the earth’s surface (usually a mountain) where molten rock becomes active and ejects lava on the surface of the planet. The name Volcano is originated from the name of Vulcan, a god of fire in Roman mythology.
Difference between lava and magma: –
- Magma is a liquid rock inside the volcano.
- Lava is a liquid rock that flows out of a volcano. It glows red hot to white hot as it flows.
How many volcanoes are there in the world?
- 1510 (approx.) active volcanoes are there.
Name all the three layers the earth is made of.
What is the reason of a volcano eruption?
- The earth’s crust consists of huge slabs called plates. These slabs almost fit together but sometime they move. There is a material called Magma, in between the crust and the mantle. When two plates collide, one section slides on the top of the other, the one below is pushed down. And Magma is squeezed up between two plates. It causes a volcano eruption.
What is Lava?
- Erupted Magma is called Lava.
Why does lava take a long time to cool down?
- Because lava is a poor conductor of heat.
What is the danger area around a volcano?
- Approximately a 20 mile radius.
Name all the different stages of a volcano.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " fun volcano facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 21 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/volcano-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). fun volcano facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/volcano-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :