Volcano Song Video for Kids
A volcano is a mountain that opens downward into a pool of molten rock below the surface of the earth. Eruptions occur when some pressure is built in. Gases and rock shoot up through the opening and spill over with lava, in an eruption. Area covered in 20 mile radius of a volcano is considered as dangerous. Fresh volcanic ash is really very dangerous. It can cause damage to the lungs of older people, children and people with respiratory problems.
Types of Volcanoes: –
There are 3 major types of volcanoes: –
- Shield Volcanoes: – They have lava flowing with low viscosity
- Strato Volcanoes: – They are made up of different kinds of lava which flows to enormous heights.
- Cinder Cone Volcanoes: – They are comparatively small and come from short lived eruptions.
Fast Facts: –
- Over 80% of the earth’s surface is volcanic in origin.
- There are around 1,500 active volcanoes in the world.
- A region encircling the Pacific Ocean is called ‘Ring of Fire’. It has more than half of these active volcanoes.
- Magma is liquid rock which is inside a volcano and Lava is liquid rock that flows out of the volcano.
- A volcano forms on land near coastal areas when continental plate and oceanic plate move towards each other.
- The tallest volcano on the earth is Mauna Kea in Hawaii with an elevation of 4,207 metres.
- They do not always have to be mountains. They can be a vent in the ground.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Volcano Song for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 19 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/volcano-song-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Volcano Song for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/volcano-song-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :