What is 3D Printing Facts for Kids Video
This video explains all about 3D printing.
3D printing facts
The world of 3D printing is exciting. This industry is evolving at a very high speed. The first 3D printer was invented in 1983 by Chuck Hull. He invented a process called ‘stereolithography’. UV layers were used for solidification of photopolymer. It created 3D parts layer by layer. Now it has become the key industry. So many companies are trying to introduce the most innovative machine.
Applications of 3D printing technology: –
- Medical field
- Defence systems
- Advance 3D prototyping
- Micro and Nano structures
- Quick Organ transplant
- Fast production
- Education system
Types of 3D printing technology: –
- Fused deposition modelling
- Selective laser sintering
Quick facts: –
- Customization is the keyword for this technology.
- 3D printing was primarily used for prototyping products.
- 3D printing can be done on metal, wood etc.
- 3D printers are not printers. Actually they are additional manufacturers.
- This technology can lower the production cost.
- This technology is already being used in movies.
- NASA is trying to figure out how to implement 3D printing technology in space.
- The first 3D printed object made from asteroid material was introduced in January 2016.
- Implementation of 3d printed human structures in animals was successful.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts about 3D printing for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2018. Web. 20 Jul 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/what-is-3d-printing-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun facts about 3D printing for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/what-is-3d-printing-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :