Best Magnets Science Fair Project – Constructing an Electromagnet Video for Kids
Constructing an Electromagnet
What is a Magnet?
- A magnet is an object made of certain materials that create a magnetic field. It attracts some metals like: – Iron, Nickel, Cobalt etc.
How many poles does a magnet have?
- A magnet has 2 poles, North and South. Opposite poles of a magnet attract each other but similar poles repel each other.
What is an Electromagnet?
- A magnet that runs on electricity is called electromagnet. Its strength can be changed by changing the amount of electric current.
Construct an electromagnet: –
- For this, we will require an iron nail, insulated copper wire, a battery and some clips.
- To make a good electrical connection, we will remove some of the insulation from both the ends of copper wire.
- Now wrap the wire around the nail. Make sure you are wrapping the entire wire in same direction.
- Leave sufficient part of wire unwound so that you can attach the battery.
- Now attach both ends of the wire to terminals of the battery.
- Your electromagnet is ready. If you will make it in contact with iron or some other metal which can be attracted by using a magnet then you will see the result.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Experiment for Kids to Construct an Electromagnet ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 07 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-magnets-science-fair-project-constructing-an-electromagnet-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Experiment for Kids to Construct an Electromagnet. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-magnets-science-fair-project-constructing-an-electromagnet-video-for-kids-2/
We've recently added
- Iodine Clock Reaction
- Make Homemade Fizzy Lemonade
- Make Rock Candy
- Ocean Acidification Experiment
- How To Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- How To Make Floating Paper Clips
- Animal Blubber Simulation
- How To Make an Edible Water Bottle!
- Hourglass Dolphin
- Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
- Hector’s Dolphin
- Dusky Dolphin
Sponsored Links :