What is Marine Biology Video for Kids
Enjoy watching a wonderful chosen and very simple to understand What is Marine Biology video:
Marine biology can be defined as the study of life along the seashore. It includes almost everything from plankton to a whale. The people who study things living in the ocean are known as marine biologists. They mainly research about how ocean acidification affects marine organisms. They also discover new compounds to be used in the medical field by studying novel marine bacteria. The term ‘marine’ refers to salt water environments so it does not cover life in lakes and river. It is entirely focused on oceans or wetlands.
Fun Facts: –
- There are more than 500 different shark species and about 80% of them are not able to hurt people. Their encounter with humans is also very rare.
- There are some species of bony fish that have more than one set of nostrils.
- The skin of sharks feels like sandpaper because they are covered with tiny little teeth. These teeth are called dermal denticles.
- There are more than 225,000 known marine species and that is with only 5% of the ocean has been explored.
- A few species of fish are hermaphrodites. It means they can start their lives as a female and if required they can become a male.
- The ocean is full of tiny living things. A microscope or a magnifying glass is required to find these small creatures.
- Jellyfish have been around for a very long time. They predate both dinosaurs and sharks.
- An electric eel can produce enough electricity to light up ten electric bulbs.
- Dolphins keep half of their brain active and one eye open while sleeping so that they can watch for predators.
- A blue whale can make the loudest sound made by any animal on the planet.
- Shrimps have their heart in their head.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All about Marine Biology for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 14 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/what-is-marine-biology-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All about Marine Biology for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/what-is-marine-biology-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :