Wind Energy Facts Video for Kids
Wind Energy is a clean and renewable source of energy that comes from the wind. There are different ways to harness this energy like windmills etc. It can be used as a source of electricity and it constantly replenishes itself. It does not require any water during the production and causes minimum pollution. Even after the erection of turbines, operational costs are minimal. The theory of wind energy was discovered in 1919 by a German physicist Albert Betz.
Quick Facts: –
- Wind mills are being used since 2000 B.C. They were first developed in Persia and China.
- A collection of wind turbines in the same location is known as a wind farm.
- Wind farms are generally constructed in off shore locations as winds are steadier and stronger in those locations.
- Most of the wind turbines have 3 blades that can reach up to a speed of 200 miles per hour.
- The largest wind farm in the United States is the Shepherds Flat Wind Farm in Oregon.
- Modern wind turbines are complicated machines. One wind turbine can have as many as 8,000 different components.
- A single wind turbine can produce enough electricity to power around 600 homes.
- Approximately 98.7% wind turbines are installed on private land.
- Wind energy can be an alternative to fossil fuels.
- The largest wind turbine in the world is located in Hawaii, United States.
- A wind turbine can also be installed on floating structures and they can send the generated electricity back to land with the help of undersea cables.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about Wind Energy ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 08 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/wind-energy-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). All Facts for Kids about Wind Energy. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/wind-energy-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :