Between France and Spain, lies the tiny country of Andorra. It is the sixth smallest nation in Europe. It is officially called the Principality of Andorra or the Principality of the Valleys of Andorra.
This country is ruled by the President of France and the Bishop of Urgel in Spain. The country sits high in the Pyrenees Mountains. People like to come here to ski, although the only road into the country is often closed because of heavy snowfall.
Fun Facts About Andorra for Kids
- Andorra la Vella is the capital city of Andorra.
- Andorra la Vella is also the highest capital city in Europe.
- Andorra has 181 square miles of land.
- 66,824 people live in Andorra.
- Catalan is the official language of Andorra, although most people also speak French.
- 94 percent of people are Christian.
- The government is a multi-party democracy.
- Euro is used as the currency in Andorra.
- 99 percent of adults can read.
- People in Andorra can expect to live 83 years.
- The people of Andorra have the 3rd highest human life expectancy at birth in the world.
- Currency: money
- Snowfall: falling snow
All About Andorra Video for Kids
Check out this cool video about Andorra for kids:
Question: Why do Andorrans live longer than most people?
Answer: Researchers believe there are several reasons they live so long. Andorra is a wealthy country. People are educated and have good jobs. The country has clean water, medical care and few diseases. People in Andorra also eat a healthy diet of fruit, vegetables, fish, grains and nuts.
Map of Andorra
Here’s a map of the country of Andorra and all its cities and villages. Zoom in to get into street level or zoom out to see other countries around Andorra! You can see the terrain, but also see the roads, images of the buildings and even take a 3D tour through the streets of the cities of Andorra, as though you are actually there!
Enjoyed the Earth Science for Kids all about Andorra info? Take the FREE & fun all about Andorra quiz and download FREE all about Andorra worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Andorra Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2020. Web. 01 Jun 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-andorra/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Andorra Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-andorra/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :