Coyotes – All You Need To Know
You probably don’t have wolves living in your backyard, but you just might have coyotes. These small wild dogs live all over the United States. They can adapt to many types of areas. They live in the desert, the mountains, the plains and even in cities.
Fun Facts about Coyotes for Kids
- Coyotes weigh only about 20 pounds, making them the size of a medium dog.
- They have long fur that is brownish red, grey or white. Coyotes have a bushy tail like a fox.
- Coyotes raise their pups in dens or holes in the ground.
- They usually have two to four pups.
- Coyotes make high yipping sounds. These sounds get louder and faster when they close in on prey. A coyote’s yipping sounds a little scary if you’ve never heard it before.
- Even though coyotes look like dogs, they’re wild. If you see one, yell and back away slowly.
- Adapt: Change or adjust
- Bushy: Plump, full
- Pup: A baby coyote or dog
- Yip: Short, loud barks
Learn More All About Coyotes
Have a look at this awesome video all about coyotes:
A video documentary about the live of coyotes in the wild.
Question: Do coyotes live in packs like wolves?
Answer: Yes, but their packs aren’t as organized or as long lasting.
Question: Will coyotes hurt humans?
Answer: Not usually, but they are wild. They sometimes eat pets.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Coyote Fun Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2019. Web. 27 Jun 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-coyotes/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Coyote Fun Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-coyotes/
Sponsored Links :