Hungary was originally settled by the Magyars, who were fierce horsemen from Asia. Because of this, Hungary’s language is different from other languages in the region. Hungary was later conquered by Germans, Serbs, Austrians, and Russians.
Hungary was a communist country under Soviet rule for many years. It finally broke free in 1989. Since then, Hungary is rebuilding the country. There are many farms here that grow grapes, figs, grain, olives and vegetables. Hungary has hot summers and mild winters.
Fun Facts about Hungary for Kids
- Budapest is the capital city.
- Hungary has 35,652 square miles of land.
- 10,000,000 live in Hungary.
- The official language is Hungarian.
- Hungary has a multiparty democracy.
- 93 percent of Hungarians are Christian.
- 99 percent of adults can read.
- The Forint is the Hungarian currency.
- People in Hungary can expect to live 71 years.
- Fierce: strong, brave, aggressive
- Conquered: invaded, ruled
- Communist: form of government that encourages a group mindset. Private businesses, religion and individual liberties were discouraged.
- Currency: money
Learn More All About Hungary
Watch this awesome Hungary video for kids:
This is a video presentation about Hungary from a kid’s point of view.
Question: Is Hungary a wealthy country?
Answer: Hungary was once a powerful country. Today, it is struggling, as are all the countries that were previously under communist rule. It is slowly becoming prosperous again.
Map of Hungary
Here’s a map of the country of Hungary and all its cities and villages. Zoom in to get into street level or zoom out to see other countries around Hungary! You can see the terrain, but also see the roads, images of the buildings and even take a 3D tour through the streets of the cities of Hungary, as though you are actually there!
Enjoyed the Free Geography Kids online resources all about Hungary info? Take the FREE & fun Hungary quiz and download FREE Hungary worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Hungary Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2019. Web. 19 Jan 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-hungary/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Hungary Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-hungary/
Sponsored Links :