Situated in Southeast Europe, Macedonia was previously a part of Yugoslavia. The country is still the poorest of the former Yugoslav countries.
Fun Facts About Macedonia for Kids
- The capital city of Macedonia is Skopje
- 2.1 million people live in Macedonia, or the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
- Macedonia includes 9,781 square miles of land.
- Macedonian is the official languages of Macedonia*.
- The life expectancy in Macedonia is 74 years.
* Although Macedonian is the only official designated national language of the country’s constitution, in municipalities where at least 20% of the population is part of another ethnic minority, these other languages are used for official purposes in local government, alongside Macedonian.
Albanians are the largest ethnic group in the Republic of Macedonia.
According to the last census, 1,344,815 Macedonian citizens declared that they spoke Macedonian, 507,989 speak Albanian, another approximate 150,000 said they speak one of the following: Turkish, Romani, Aromanian, Serbian, Bosnian, and other languages.
- Previous: before
- Landlocked: no access to oceans or seas
- Resources: raw materials, such as forests, oil, natural gas or minerals
- Unemployed: without work
All About Macedonia Video for Kids
This is the best video we found for kids to learn about Macedonia:
Question: What industries does Macedonia support?
Answer: Farmers in Macedonia raise beef, rice, wheat, tobacco and corn. Mining includes coal, lead and zinc.
Map of Macedonia
Here’s a map of the country of Macedonia and all its cities and villages. Zoom in to get into street level or zoom out to see other countries around Macedonia! You can see the terrain, but also see the roads, images of the buildings and even take a 3D tour through the streets of the cities of Macedonia, as though you are actually there!
Enjoyed the Geography for Kids all about Macedonia info? Take the FREE & fun all about Macedonia quiz and download FREE all about Macedonia worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Macedonia Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 18 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-macedonia/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Macedonia Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-macedonia/
Sponsored Links :