Albania is a tiny country in Southeast Europe, lying between the Adriatic Sea, Greece and Macedonia. From the rocky beaches, rise steep mountains which cover most of the country. Albania is one of the poorest countries in Europe. Most people here are Muslim.
From 1944 to 1985, Albania was under communist rule. Dictator, Enver Hoxha, cut the country off from the rest of the world, allowing trade only with China. Previously, Albania was ruled by the Ottoman Turks. During their rule, the Turks made no improvements to the country. When they left in 1913, the country was impoverished.
Fun Facts about Albania for Kids
- 2.9 million people live in Albania.
- Albania has 28,748 square miles of land.
- Albanian and Greek are the official languages.
- Most people’s religions are Muslim, Albanian Orthodox or Greek Orthodox – both Christian faiths.
- People in Albania can expect to live 74 years.
- 87 percent of adults can read.
- Tiny: very small
- Improvements: things, such as roads, industries, schools or hospitals, which make life better
- Impoverished: poor, without resources
Learn More All about Albania
Check out this cool video about Albania for kids:
A video documentary about the culture, history and traditions of Albania.
Question: Is life improving for people in Albania?
Answer: Many people have left Albania to look for jobs in Italy and Greece. Workers send money back to family members remaining in Albania, which helps.
Map of Albania
Here’s a map of the country of Albania and all its cities and villages. Zoom in to get into street level or zoom out to see other countries around Albania! You can see the terrain, but also see the roads, images of the buildings and even take a 3D tour through the streets of the cities of Albania, as though you are actually there!
Enjoyed the Easy Earth Science for Kids Website all about Albania info? Take the FREE & fun Albania quiz and download FREE Albania worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Albania Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 13 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-albania/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Albania Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-albania/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :