Slovakia sits in Central Europe, near Russia, Poland and the Czech Republic. This tiny country was once part of Czechoslovakia and fell under Soviet rule for almost 75 years. It broke away from the Soviets in 1990 and separated from the Czech Republic in 1993.
Since then, Slovakia has tried to rebuild itself. The country has many farms, woods and beautiful land. Most of the people are poor right now. Some people are moving from the country to towns and cities.
Fun Facts about Slovakia for Kids
- Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia.
- Slovakia has 18,933 square miles of land.
- 5,400,000 people live here.
- The official language is Slovak.
- 72 percent of people here are Christian; many are atheists.
- Slovakia has a multiparty democracy.
- 99 percent of adults can read.
- People in Slovakia can expect to live 73 years.
- Separate: apart
- Rebuild: restore
- Atheist: does not believe in a God
All About Slovakia Video for Kids
This is the best video we found for kids to learn all about Slovakia:
This is a video slideshow of picture of the geography, landscape and sites of Slovakia.
Question: What do people grow in Slovakia?
Answer: People grow potatoes, beets, cabbage and grain. They also raise dairy cows and beef cows.
Question: What is the land like?
Answer: Slovakia is a green land with hills, woods and fields. There are many ancient castles here and walled villages with wooden houses.
Map of Slovakia
Here’s a map of the country of Slovakia and all its cities and villages. Zoom in to get into street level or zoom out to see other countries around Slovakia! You can see the terrain, but also see the roads, images of the buildings and even take a 3D tour through the streets of the cities of Slovakia, as though you are actually there!
Enjoyed the Easy Earth Science for Kids Website all about Slovakia info? Take the FREE & fun all about Slovakia quiz and download FREE all about Slovakia worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Slovakia Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2020. Web. 07 Jun 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-slovakia/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Slovakia Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-slovakia/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :