Taking Care of the Earth
Think about how you feel when your room is a mess. Maybe there are socks and dirty clothes piled on the floor.
An old banana peel sits on the dresser and juice from a tipped over juice box drips down the side. How does your room feel? Do you like spending time there? Probably not. You might feel frustrated and annoyed. But when your room is clean, it feels peaceful, happy and safe.
The Earth is your home too. And when it’s clean and healthy, the people, plants and animals that live on it are clean, healthy and happy. The Earth is a fragile place that can be damaged easily by people. The good news is that people can also clean it up and take care of it.
Fun Facts About Taking Care of the Earth for Kids
- We get everything we need from the Earth – food, clothing, shelter and even medicines. But we have to be careful not to take more than we need and to use our resources carefully.
- Loggers cut trees down in forests for paper, furniture and buildings. But if they don’t plant more trees, soon the forests are gone. Animals have no place to live.
- Factories sometimes dump leftover chemicals in rivers and lakes. These chemicals can pollute the water, killing animals and plants, and even polluting the water we drink.
- Burning fossil fuels in cars or to make electricity causes global warming.
Taking Care of the Earth Vocabulary
- Annoy: bug, irritate
- Fragile: easily damaged
- Damage: harm
- Resource: a helpful tool, material or product
- Pollute: to become dirty
All About Taking Care of the Earth Video for Kids
Watch this awesome Taking Care of the Earth video for kids:
Taking Care of the Earth Q&A
Question: How can we help take care of the Earth?
Answer: You can help take care of the Earth by recycling. Avoid using plastic bags and bottles, and recycle any plastic you do use. Walk or ride your bike when you can and pick up litter than you see. Encourage your parents to drive the smallest, most fuel efficient car they can.
Enjoyed the Earth Science for Kids all about Taking Care of the Earth info? Take the FREE & fun all about Taking Care of the Earth quiz and download FREE all about Taking Care of the Earth worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Environment Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2019. Web. 19 Aug 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-taking-care-of-the-earth/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Environment Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-taking-care-of-the-earth/
Sponsored Links :