Fierce Snake – The World’s Most Poisonous Snake
Imagine a venom so toxic that one drop can kill 100 grown men. That’s the venom of the fierce snake, the world’s most poisonous snake. Fortunately, fierce snakes live in remote areas of Australia where few people live. Despite their name, fierce snakes aren’t aggressive. They just want to be left alone. There has never been a report of a human being killed by a fierce snake.
Fierce snakes can be brownish black to light yellow. They sometimes turn yellow in the summer and black in the winter. Fierce snakes eat rats, and lots of them. In this part of the world, there are so many rats that they become a problem. They can carry disease or eat human food. Fierce snakes keep rats under control by eating them.
Fun Facts about the Fierce Snake for Kids
- Fierce snakes live in hot deserts. They hide in cracks in the soil to stay cool.
- Female fierce snakes lay eggs in old burrows or cracks in the earth. They may lay 10 to 20 eggs at a time.
- Fierce snakes are also called inland taipan snakes.
Fierce Snake Vocabulary
- Aggressive: fierce, prone to attack
- Remote: faraway, distant
- Burrow: hole in the ground, usually made by a mammal
Learn More All About the Fierce Snake
To understand more about the behavior of the fierce snake, have a look at this cool documentary:
A documentary video about the nature of the fierce snake.
Fierce Snake Q&A
Question: Why is the fierce snake so poisonous?
Answer: The fierce snake lives in a very harsh land. It’s hard to find food, so when the snake does find prey, he needs to make sure he can kill it with one bite.
Question: Can fierce snakes be kept as pets?
Answer: Absolutely not. Fierce snakes are much too dangerous. Their venom can kill a grown man in 45 minutes.
Enjoyed the Easy Science for Kids Website all about the Fierce Snake info? Take the FREE & fun all about the Fierce Snake quiz and download FREE Fierce Snake worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fierce Snake Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 31 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-fierce-snake/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fierce Snake Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-fierce-snake/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :