The Republic of Yemen, located in southern Arabia, was formed in 1990 when the Yemen Arab Republic and the People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen combined. In recent years, the country has endured revolution and conflict. Yemen is one of the poorest countries in the Arab World. Women here are afforded few rights and most are illiterate.
Fun Facts about Yemen for Kids
- 24.8 million people live in Yemen.
- Yemen has 203,850 square miles of land.
- Most people in Yemen are Muslim.
- The official language is Arabic.
- The life expectancy here is 67 years.
- Endure: tolerate, live through
- Revolution: political uprising and war
- Illiterate: unable to read
All about Yemen Video for Kids
Here’s the best kids Yemen video you can watch right now to learn more all about Yemen:
A video presentation of the beautiful sceneries in Yemen.
Question: What are the most common industries in Yemen?
Map of Yemen
Here’s a map of the country of Yemen and all its cities and villages. Zoom in to get into street level or zoom out to see other countries around Yemen! You can see the terrain, but also see the roads, images of the buildings and even take a 3D tour through the streets of the cities of Yemen, as though you are actually there!