How to become an Architect
Do you love to build with blocks or Legos? Do you enjoy drawing and planning structures? Then a job as an architect might be in your future.
- Architects design all kinds of things—homes, apartments, hospitals, office buildings, museums, and even bridges and structures. Some people become landscape architects; they work on designing gardens and landscapes. Others become surveyors.
- Architects must make sure a building looks good, but they must also make sure that it’s safe and comfortable. Today, many architects try to make buildings that conserve energy and help the environment.
- Architects meet with clients to understand their needs. Then they draft a plan and present it to the client. Once approved, architects file paperwork to get permits from the city, and often visit the construction site to check on the building’s progress.
- Most architects have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture or architectural engineering. They learn about drafting and using software to create designs. They must also have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to think creatively.
- Architects typically work for the government or for a private architecture firm.
- Architects earn between $65,000 and $130,000 each year.
- Most architects work in office settings. They occasionally travel.
Questions and Answers
Question: How easy is it to get a job as an architect?
Answer: The field of architecture is growing slowly and jobs are competitive.
Watch a quick video about becoming an architect.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Architect Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2019. Web. 24 Jan 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/architect/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Architect Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/architect/
Sponsored Links :