Basketball Hang Time Video for Kids
The game basketball was created by a physical education teacher, Dr. James Naismith in December 1891. He was actually trying to create a game to keep the students active during the long winters. In 1936, it became an official game at the Olympics held in Berlin, Germany. It is widely known as an American sport but the very first pro game was played in Toronto, Canada. This first game was played with nine players on January 20, 1892. Then it has changed to five players in 1898. It is a very popular sport worldwide that is played with a round and orange bouncy ball. The basketball court generally has wooden flooring
Fast Facts: –
- Until 1929, a basketball game was played by using a regulation soccer ball.
- Earlier, basketball used to be brown in colour but they became brighter over time, mostly orange.
- A goal is scored when a team shoots the ball into the basket.
- Michael Jordan has scored more playoff points than anyone else with a figure of 5,987.
- Slam dunks were illegal for almost nine years, starting in 1967.
- The steel rim of basket has a diameter of 18 inches and is 10 feet high from the court floor.
- Gheorge Muresan and Manute Bol both were the tallest basketball players with a height of 7’7”.
- Muggsy Bogues was the shortest basketball player with a height of 5’3”.
- Women’s basketball was added to the Olympics in 1976 Montreal Olympics.
- The distinction between amateur and professional players was dropped in 1989 by FIBA.
- Cal Hubbard is the only member of both the football and basketball hall of fame.
- The first backboards were made of wires and basketball hoops were peach baskets with the bottom intact.
- A warm basketball is bouncier than a cold one as the molecules of the warm ball hit its inside surface at a much higher speed.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Basketball ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 09 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/basketball-hang-time-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Basketball. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/basketball-hang-time-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- Iodine Clock Reaction
- Make Homemade Fizzy Lemonade
- Make Rock Candy
- Ocean Acidification Experiment
- How To Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- How To Make Floating Paper Clips
- Animal Blubber Simulation
- How To Make an Edible Water Bottle!
- Hourglass Dolphin
- Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
- Hector’s Dolphin
- Dusky Dolphin
Sponsored Links :