The brain is one of the most important and complex structures in the human body. Human feelings originate inside the brain. It has approximately 100 billion neurons that make it the most powerful tool in the world. There are 10,000 different types of neurons. Each of these connects with 40,000 synapses. It is also the fattest organ in the body. The human brain makes up 2% of the body weight. 75% mass of this organ is water. It uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood supply of our body. 50% of a person’s genes are responsible for the complicated structure of the brain.
Fun Facts: –
- If our brain does not get proper oxygen supply for 5 to 10 minutes then it can result in a permanent brain damage.
- Every new memory creates new brain connection each and every time.
- The smell of chocolate has a relaxing and calming effect on our brain because it increases theta brain waves.
- Contrary to popular belief, our brain is not divided into two parts like left brain and right brain. Every part has a known function.
- The only sense which is connected to the limbic system of our brain is the smell.
- Our brain can repair or compensate for a few minor damages.
- Everyone dreams for 1-2 hours each night. Even blind people are not exceptions.
- Our brain cells take only 6 minutes to react to drugs or alcohol.
- It is a complete myth that an average person uses only 10% of his brain in the entire lifetime.
- Our brain generates enough electricity to power a low wattage LED light.
- Multitasking can make a person less productive.
- Dieting can force the brain to eat itself.