Best Halley’s Comet Video for Kids
A comet can be defined as a small solar system body, orbiting Sun. They are made up of dust, ice and small rocky particles. Halley’s Comet is the most famous as it is a periodic comet. It appears in about every 76 years. In 1986, it was the last time when this comet was here and now it will appear in 2061.
Quick Facts: –
- This comet is named after an English astronomer Edmund Halley.
- He concluded that comets orbits the Sun and discovered this comet’s period of orbit.
- Halley examined the reports that said a comet approached the earth in 1531, 1607, 1682.
- Halley’s Comet is known as a short term comet because the time taken in orbiting the Sun is less than 200 years.
- A specific portion of this comet has a glowing appearance that is known as a coma. This coma is visible only when the comet is close enough to Sun.
- Length of this comet is around 9 miles.
- The Oort cloud is the origin of Halley’s Comet.
- This comet is estimated to be 4.5 billion years old.
- It is the first periodic comet to be identified.
- The first recorded appearance of this comet was in 240 B. C. as found in the Chinese Records of the Grand Historian.
- The direction of this comet’s orbit is opposite to the direction of planetary orbits.
- American writer Mark Twain was born in 1835, they same year in which the Halley’s Comet appeared and he made a successful prediction that he will die with a Halley’s Comet. Same thing happened as he died in 1910.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Halley's Comet ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 05 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-halleys-comet-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Halley's Comet. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-halleys-comet-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :