Best Heavy Monsoon Rain Video for Kids
Our planet earth is the most unusual one in the entire solar system as it has an atmosphere that contains moisture. This moisture stays gathered in clouds and lastly falls as snow, hail or rain. This fall of moisture is known as precipitation. Rain does not always make the ground wet. In extremely hot and dry places, it evaporates even before it hits the ground. Although, rain also occurs on other planets in our solar system but it is very much different to the rain we experience here on earth. There, rain is made of sulphuric acid or methane.
Facts about rain: –
- Rain can be detected and monitored by using Weather Radar.
- The amount of rain over a certain period of time can be measured by using rain gauges.
- Rain with high levels of acid that means a low pH is called acid rain.
- Antarctica is mostly covered with ice but it gets only 6.5 inches of rain per year which makes it the driest continent on the earth.
- Forests that experience high levels of rainfall are known as rainforests.
- Rain is an important part of water cycle which is driven by the Sun’s heat. It plays a key role of returning water back to the earth.
- Approximately 16 million tons of water evaporates from the earth and same amount of water falls back in the same amount of time.
- Cherrapunji, India receives 87 feet of rain in a year that is the highest.
- In actual, the rain is recycled water that has been evaporated from our world’s lakes, oceans, rivers and other water bodies.
- Rain drops fall in the shape of a flat oval.
- At cloud level, rain starts off as ice or snow crystals.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Rain ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 27 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-heavy-monsoon-rain-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Rain. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-heavy-monsoon-rain-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :