Best Komodo Dragon Pictures Video for Kids
Komodo dragons are known as the largest and heaviest lizards. They can reach up to 10 feet in length and weigh up to 90 kg. These carnivores can eat almost everything included pigs, deer, snake etc. Adult dragons are cannibals as they eat their own species. They eat bones and hooves of their prey as well. They have gray, brown or reddish skin and a forked tongue. It helps them to detect the prey by its smell.
Quick Facts: –
- Komodo dragons have a poor hearing and night vision. This is the reason they generally hunt during day.
- They produce reddish venomous saliva that has 50 different types of bacteria.
- These creatures have the deadliest bite.
- They bite each other during fights but they are immune to the bacteria of their own saliva.
- Komodo dragons are cold blooded animals and cannot regulate their own body temperature. So they spend most of their time in heating themselves under the sun.
- They have excellent swimming skills and can move from one island to another by swimming.
- They can run at a speed of 13 mph.
- Female komodo dragons can produce eggs without the help of males. They produce 15-20 eggs at once.
- Baby lizards get out of the egg by cracking its shell using their egg tooth. At that time, they are about 12 inches long.
- A komodo dragon can eat its own offspring if hungry.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Komodo dragon ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2019. Web. 21 Apr 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-komodo-dragon-pictures-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Komodo dragon. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-komodo-dragon-pictures-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :