Best Marine Biology Careers Video for Kids
Marine biology can be defined as the study of marine organisms, their behavior etc. From the microscopic plankton to the blue whale, the largest creature in the sea, all plant and animal life forms are included. The person who studies all types of creatures living in the ocean and sometimes the ocean itself is known as a marine biologist. Marine biologists study sea creatures in their natural habitat. Marine biology is a very broad area and most of the researchers select a particular area of interest. These specializations can be based on various things like species, group, behavior etc.
Quick Facts: –
- Marine biology is divided into different subfields like Microbiology, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Deep sea-ecology etc.
- Microbiology includes the study of microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and algae etc.
- Fisheries and Aquaculture include the study of the impact of the overfishing, pollution and toxin levels in the ocean etc.
- The study of ocean health is known as environmental marine biology. Scientists determine the quality of the marine environment.
- Ichthyology is the study of fishes both saltwater and freshwater. From morphology to evolution, behavior to diversity everything about the fishes is studied.
- Marine biologists work in coordination with universities and other educational institutes.
- Much of a marine biologist’s time is spent in the field conducting research and collecting data.
- Their job is not only about studying the things that inhabit the ocean. They also plan about conserving resources and protecting their food sources.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts about Marine Biology for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 06 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-marine-biology-careers-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Facts about Marine Biology for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-marine-biology-careers-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :