Chocolate is made from a seed of cocoa tree. It takes 400 cocoa beans to make one pound of chocolate. White chocolate does not contain cocoa solids chocolate liquor so technically, it is not a chocolate. About 70% of the world’s supply comes from Africa with Ivory Coast being the largest single producer and producing 30% of the overall supply. Have you ever wondered why chocolate melts so easily on your tongue. The melting point of chocolate is 93°F. It is the only edible substance that has a melting point below the human body temperature.
Quick Facts: –
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves which triggers relaxation.
- Scientists have proved against the myth that chocolate cause acne.
- Eating dark chocolate everyday reduces the risk of heart disease by one third.
- Chocolate is not good for your cat and dog. It can sicken and even kill them.
- The first chocolate treat was hot chocolate.
- Sometimes soldiers were paid in chocolate during the Revolutionary war.
- A long time ago, cacao was used as a currency.
- The world’s largest chocolate bar weighed 5,792.50 kg. Thorntons created this bar.
- The Cadbury Company made the first chocolate bar in 1842.
- Chocolate magnate, Milton Hershey was a candy king in actual. He cancelled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters.
- Ruth Wakefield was the inventor of chocolate chip cookie and she sold her idea to Nestle in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
- Chocolate is more effective than codeine when it comes to coughs.
- Napoleon loved chocolate and demanded that wine and chocolate be made available to him and his senior advisors during military campaigns.
- German chocolate cake did not originate in Germany and was named after an American baker, Sam German.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Chocolate Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2019. Web. 24 May 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-melting-chocolate-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Chocolate Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-melting-chocolate-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :