Best Spider Facts Video for Kids
Best Spider Facts
Spiders are arthropods as they have 8 legs. They are the largest order of arachnids. There are about 40,000 known species of spiders and many more to be discovered. They are found on every continent except Antarctica. Most of the people confuse spiders with insects but both of them are different. A spider has four legs touching the ground and four legs off the ground at any given point of time when they travel. All the spider spin silk but all of them do not spin web. Bagheera Kiplingi is the only species of spiders that is vegetarian. The blood of a spider is light blue in colour.
Quick Facts: –
- Spiders cannot digest solid food.
- They do not have antennas like insects do.
- Abandoned spider webs are known as cobwebs.
- A spider has three sections in its body, head and abdomen.
- They are classified as invertebrate as they don’t have a backbone.
- On an average, it takes a spider about 60 minutes to spin a web.
- They have small mouths so they do not eat their prey. They just turn the body into a liquid by putting chemical on it and then suck it up.
- Black widow spiders are known for cannibalizing their mates. They are also the deadliest one in the world.
- The Goliath Spider is the world’s biggest spider and Patu marplesi is the smallest one.
- The Brazilian Wandering spider is the most venomous spider in the world.
- The fear of spiders is known as Arachnophobia.
- A spider has its muscles inside its skeleton.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Spider ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2019. Web. 21 Sep 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-spider-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Spider. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-spider-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :